Account Management Level 1
New relationship managers need a solid foundation to effectively manage secured credit facilities of all sizes. Account Management Level One will cover a variety of topics specifically related to managing asset-based lending relationships. Effective communication, both external and internal, is stressed. This workshop will help you develop valuable technical skills to address loan restructures, anticipate credit issues and mitigate risk. You'll also learn the finer points of relationship management, such as negotiating credit provisions and leading a syndicate of lenders.
After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the primary responsibilities of relationship managers and the importance of the role within their organization
- Analyze a borrower’s collateral and financial trends to identify potential credit issues or fraud
- Recognize the credit implications of a borrower’s request and know how to respond appropriately
- Recommend the terms of a loan restructure and negotiate key provisions
- Respond appropriately to field exam recommendations
- Manage key internal and external relationships, including unique issues in leading a syndicate of lenders
- Avoid lender liability
Recommended for: Relationship managers with 0-4 years of experience in the role, and anyone who is interested in learning more about relationship management. Account executives, loan officers, portfolio managers and others in the asset-based lending industry with day-to-day responsibility for client accounts. See below for more information and contact Denise Castagna at email@example.com with any questions.
In This Section
Learn with SFNet Education 20/20
Knowledge to advance your organization and career
Begin with SFNet’s Level One courses to gain a thorough understanding of the secured finance ecosystem.
See our tracks & course descriptions