SFNet Young Professionals
New to secured finance or looking to take your career to the next level? Engage, learn, and grow with SFNet Young Professionals. Contributing to the SFNet YoPro community is a great way to build connections in the industry. You will quickly form relationships with your peers and get exposure to industry leaders as well.
SFNet YoPro group brings together the “under 40” crowd for networking, professional development and fun with programs such as:
- SFNet YoPro Leadership Summit. This annual event offers two days of education, insightful panel discussions, and networking in an informal setting.
- Building SFNet’s Glossary of Secured Finance Terms. Remember when you first started in the industry and had to quickly learn a whole new vocabulary? Our YoPros are creating a glossary of secured finance terms to help new hires get up to speed quickly. To contribute to the Glossary, click here.
- SFNet Education. SFNet’s education programs provide unparalleled opportunities to learn firsthand from leaders in the asset-based lending and factoring industries. On-demand, in-person, or virtual workshops cover all skill levels.
There are also several sub-committees within the YoPro group that provide an opportunity to get more deeply engaged with the community, including:
- Chapter Growth Committee. This cohort builds young professionals’ involvement in SFNet’s Chapters.
- SFNet Annual Convention Committee. This group assists in planning opportunities for young professionals to network and meet at SFNet’s Annual Conventions. Prior events included a young professionals’ reception on-site at the SFNet Annual Convention hotel and a YoPro panel.
- SFNet YoPro Leadership Summit Committee. This team plans SFNet’s Annual Leadership Summit. A variety of sub-committees are offered including: Entertainment, Membership, Programming and Sponsorship.
SFNet YoPro Newsletter
SFNet’s YoPro e-Newsletter is sent four times per year and features exclusive content for young professionals including interviews with up-and-comers in our industry, technology trends, career advice and young professional event recaps.
Meet our 40 Under 40 Winners
SFNet celebrates the achievements of young professionals in the secured finance industry – the movers and shakers who are shaping the future. Our 40 Under 40 awards recognize individuals who exemplify excellence in their careers and bring a strong commitment and voice to the industry at large. Get to know the previous winners.
SFNet YoPro Committee
Join SFNet Young Professionals
To see the SFNet Young Professional Committee members, click the link below.
We invite you to become part of the SFNet Young Professionals community. Membership is free and enables you to receive news and announcements as well as connect with other members of the SFNet YoPro community. Please note in 2020 you must be employed by a SFNet member organization to be involved with SFNet’s YoPro Committee.
2019 Summer Operations Fundamentals
July 15 - 31, 2019
2019 Summer Field Examiner School IN PERSON
August 26 - 28, 2019Chicago, IL 60601
2019 Advanced Underwriting Workshop
August 27 - 28, 2019Chicago, IL 60601
YoPro Leadership Summit 2019
August 28 - 29, 2019Chicago, IL 60603
Webinar, "Nuts and Bolts of Leveraged ESOP Finance"
August 28, 2019 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)
Webinar, "Getting in Touch with Intangibles: IP Collateral"
September 4, 2019 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM (Eastern Daylight Time)
2019 Fall Operations Bootcamp
September 17 - 19, 2019Atlanta, GA
Cross-Border Lending Summit 2019
September 19, 2019 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)New York, NY 10166
2019 Foundations of Account Management
September 24 - 26, 2019
2019 Fall Field Examiner School
November 11 - 13, 2019New York, New York, United States
75th Annual SFNet Convention
November 13 - 15, 2019New York, NY 10036
Webinar: Introducing Arbitration for Resolution of Commercial Finance Disputes
December 4, 2019 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
2020 Winter Account Management Level One
January 14 - 16, 2020
SFNet's Asset-Based Capital Conference 2020
February 4 - 5, 2020Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
2020 Winter Operations Level One
February 11 - 13, 2020
2020 Winter Business Development Level One
February 19, 2020 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM (Eastern Standard Time)
2020 Winter Underwriting Level One
February 25 - 27, 2020
2020 Winter Introduction to ABL
March 3 - 5, 2020
Webinar "Coronavirus Impact on Secured Finance Industry…What You Need to Know"
March 11, 2020 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time)
2020 Spring Field Exam Level Two
March 24 - 26, 2020