2022 Winter Underwriting Level One
December 14 to 16, 2022
Date & TimeDecember 14th - 16th
3:00PM - 5:00PM ET
DescriptionUnderwriting is far more than gathering data and calculating ratios. You need to make judgments about how to manage risk, and these are best when based in experience. Underwriting Level One will help you hone your skills in setting up lending parameters on prospective deals by understanding how all the pieces fit together. Learn how industry leaders think through credit issues and manage risk.
What you will learn:
- A thorough and systematic overview of the key aspects of ABL underwriting
- How to deepen awareness and understanding of assessing risks
- How to develop deeper questioning skills to identify inconsistencies and potential fraud
- How to develop a stronger ability to propose strategies to minimize the key risks for that client and report effectively to a credit committee
- Describe the primary responsibilities and importance of the underwriting role within their organization
- Respond to a newly mandated request for financing from a Prospect
- Perform business, financial, industry, and collateral analysis including understanding field exams and appraisals (inventory, M&E, real estate)
- Understanding strengths and weakness (mitigants), sources and uses, forming loan terms, covenants, completion of underwriting memo for presentation
Attendees are eligible for 6 CPE credits.
Sending four or more people? Contact Ryan Green for a group discount.
The Secured Finance Network reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
We recognize that plans can change due to business priorities, and we will work with you to find another workshop date that better suits your schedule. In order to receive a refund, you must submit written notification no less than five business days prior to the program start date.
SFNet is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Member Price: $750
Non-Member Price: $1015Register
Upcoming SFNet Education Courses
- Workouts & Bankruptcy
- Business Development Level One
- Loan Documentation
- On Demand classes: Appraisals, Factoring, Legal, Workout & Bankruptcy