2021 Fall Operations Level One
September 21 - 22, 2021
Date and Time
2:00PM - 4:30PM ET
Please register at your earliest convenience. Registrations received within 7 days of the class start date will be subject to a 10% late fee (late fee begins September 14th).
Attendees of this course are eligible for 5 CPE Credits.
Operations Level One focuses on the daily duties of the Operations Specialist and how to glean important data from information submitted by the borrower. The extrapolation and analysis of key indices will be taught to the analysts so that emerging situations can be effectively analyzed and risks properly managed.
Topics covered include:
- A systematic overview of the key aspects of ABL operations, such as borrowing base calculation, verifications, and cash management
- How to develop deeper questioning skills to identify inconsistencies and potential fraud
- How to increase awareness of red flags that should be investigated further
Participants should have 6 months to two years’ experience.
- Describe the duties of operations specialists and the importance of the role in the organization
- Systematic overview of the key aspects of ABL operations Understand borrowing base calculation, verifications and cash management
- Attendees will be better informed, confident and articulate in the role of operations specialist
- Gain a better understanding of the organization and the need to avoid silos and be proactive in one’s role
- Recognize the key part of the loan documentation—the loan and security agreement
- Identify terms, loan limit and line limits, as well as eligible collateral
- In-depth and clear understanding of the methodology used to structure a deal
- To gain proficiency in the core ABL deal structure
- Gain a stronger understanding of the nuances of credit structure
- Identify key data submitted by borrowers
- Analyze key indices to better understand the borrower’s business trends
- Introduction to inventory reports and industry specific terminology
- Utilizing the borrower’s key data such as collateral, to determine the borrowing base
- Taking a deeper dive into collateral monitoring operations management, and loan administration
- Respond effectively and quickly to red flags that may indicate fraud
- Develop an understanding of the key situations that may indicate a problem, including problems with fraudulent invoices or issues with obsolete inventory
- Develop a strong sense of when to ask additional questions of the borrower and when to involve field examiners
- Respond quickly to emerging situations with the borrower so risks can be better managed
- Stronger understanding of operational risks through use of trend card analysis and expert questioning skills
InstructorRon Rossi, VP, Structured Finance Operations Manager, Fifth Third Bank
Ellen Cook, Managing Director, ABL Services, alterDomus
Sending multiple people? Contact Jeff Walsh for a group discount.
The Secured Finance Network reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment.
We recognize that plans can change due to business priorities, and we will work with you to find another workshop date that better suits your schedule. In order to receive a refund, you must submit written notification no less than five business days prior to the program start date.
CPE / CLE
Secured Finance Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Member Price: $695
Non-Member Price: $945Register