SFNet Webinar, "International Lending Conference: Global Economic Disruption—Impact on International Secured Lending"
May 12, 2020 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM (Eastern Daylight Time)
We are now offering this webinar at no charge to SFNet National and Chapter members.
By May 2020, the world will be two months further into the current crisis. Where will we be? The webinar will begin with perspectives from David Chmiel, geopolitical risk consultant, reviewing the impact of the crisis on international business and aspects of the world economy, followed by a discussion with key members of the Secured Finance Network.
After David sets the stage, our assembled group of debt advisors, appraisers and workout consultants with experience in the US, UK and Europe will talk about what they are seeing and how lenders and their borrowers across markets are adapting to the challenging circumstances of the current economic crisis.
Participants will be able to ask questions via chat or online. This is a critical opportunity to gain unique insight into where we are as an industry and where we may be going during these unprecedented times.
Richard Kohn, Principal, Goldberg Kohn Ltd.
David Morse, Partner, Otterbourg P.C.
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. ET
Reviewing the Impact of the Crisis on International Business and Aspects of the World Economy
David Chmiel, Geopolitical Risk Consultant and Co-Founder/Managing Director, Global Torchlight
David will look at some of the critical potential economic and geopolitical consequences of the current global pandemic, offering some longer-term perspective on how these unprecedented circumstances may affect global flows of trade and investment and the secured finance environment. Points for discussion will include:
- The effects on global trade. Are we witnessing the end of the global supply chain or will economic and practical necessity continue to necessitate a global trading economy?
- The politics of economic disruption. What are the political consequences of deep economic shocks in the US and Europe? How does this impact other sources of disruption such as Brexit and the rise of populism?
- The global political consequences. How does the current public health emergency impact a world that was already showing signs of greater international competition and rivalry?
Questions to be addressed include:
- What advice are debt advisors providing to their borrower clients when liquidity is so critical?
- What is happening to asset values and how do you determine values given the market disruptions?
- What strategies are there to maximize recoveries for lenders in an environment with so much uncertainty?
Marc Finer, Director, Debt Advisory Group, KMPG LLP
Scott Fuller, Director, Valuations, Gordon Brothers
Richard Hawkins, CEO, AtlanticRMS
Robert Horak, Managing Director, Lincoln International
Please note: registration ends at 9:30 a.m. ET on the day of the webinar. To register after the cutoff, contact Nora Walls at email@example.com.
Member Price: $0
Non-Member Price: $195Register
Contact: Jeff Walsh