Senior Manager, EY
Matt is a Senior Manager in EY’s Financial Services Advisory practice helping banks and lenders on credit risk, performance and regulatory matters. His specialties are in credit risk rating approaches, portfolio risk management and stress testing, risk governance, organizational/policy design, and integrated approaches to financial and capital management.
- Helped lead the ERM division of a major US bank in its design and roadmap for implementing the firm’s risk appetite/risk capacity framework 20
- Led the redesign of a mid-tier regional bank’s risk rating system, expanding the rating grades to an 18-point obligor (PD) scale, adding a nine-point facility (LGD) scale, and leading the bank through the creation of seven dual-risk rating scorecards for use across cash-flow based, equipment-backed and several asset-based loan types
- Assisted in the design of a target operating model for a major US bank’s wholesale credit analytics division that internally serves roles for CCAR, IFRS9/CECL, economic capital and business analytics for strategic decisions
- Led a market assessment used by the consumer lending division of a major bank to improve its strategy in the US residential mortgage market
- Led EY’s delivery of services in the assessment of a US G-SIB’s Qualified Financial Contract (QFC) inventory and its preparedness for meeting compliance with US QFC regulations
Prior to EY, Matt served as the lead credit advisory banker at Morgan Stanley and held lead analyst roles covering the asset management, insurance and banking sectors at Moody’s and Fitch for 10 years. Experience also includes leveraged lending at Credit-Suisse and asset-based lending at Citi. Matt holds an MBA from NYU Stern and BS from the University of Notre Dame.