- Q1 2017 Asset-Based Finance Index Indicates “Historically Strong” Credit Quality
- Largely Untouched by COVID-19 Fallout in Q1, Banks and Independents Report ABL Growth
- Q3 2017 Asset-Based Finance Index Indicates Significant Growth
- Commercial Finance Association is Now Secured Finance Network
- Factoring Poised to Provide Stable Revenue, Offsetting COVID-19 Uncertainty for Non-Bank Lenders and Banks
Secured Finance Network Convention Amid Pandemic, Election Aftermath to Address Future of Finance
November 11, 2020
Source: Secured Finance Network
Note to Editors: Journalists can request an advance copy of the Market Pulse Report Update for the latest economic and industry data and forward looking analysis. Links to some videotaped sessions will also be available. Please see note at bottom.
Virtual Event Nov. 17-19 to Feature 34 Sessions, Newsmaker Keynotes, AI-Powered Networking
NEW YORK, NY, Nov. 12, 2020 - Secured Finance Network’s (SFNet’s) 76th Annual Convention, "This Way Forward," Nov. 17-19 will cover financial, economic and political disruptions that banks and finance companies must navigate in the midst of a pandemic and aftermath of a contentious U.S. election. The international convention will feature 34 dynamic sessions and keynote speeches from newsmakers including Gen. James Mattis in a lively online format.
Networking is an important facet of every convention and this year the event’s technology platform will use artificial intelligence (AI) to help attendees meet virtually based on mutual interests.
SFNet CEO Richard Gumbrecht says the 2020 convention offers something for everyone in the industry, which includes banks and other finance companies that provide asset-based lending (ABL), factoring, supply chain finance, equipment finance and leasing, leveraged lending, cash flow lending, and/or securitization products. The secured finance industry generates $4.1 trillion annually – 20% of U.S. GDP – and is critical to the economy.
The convention lineup and special company pricing have attracted more than 1,800 registrants from the U.S. and other countries, he adds. Sessions will include:
- Keynote presentations by Mattis, former U.S. secretary of defense and retired Marine general; NPR White House Reporter Ayesha Rascoe; Danielle DiMartino Booth, CEO and chief strategist of Quill Intelligence LLC; and David A. Brandon, chairman of Domino’s Pizza, with Paul Cronin of Santandar Bank, N.A.
- Workouts & Bankruptcies - What Is the New Normal? With leaders from BDO USA LLP, Blank Rome LLP, Clear Thinking Group, Conway McKenzie, and Morgan Lewis.
- View from the Top - Large Banks: What Is the Future of ABL? With speakers from Truist, Wells Fargo Capital Finance, Bank of America Business Capital, and CIT. (Note: the conference will include other “View from the Top” sessions for independent ABL, and factoring professionals.)
- Appraisals & Liquidations Across Asset Classes - What Has Changed? With leaders from Heritage Global Valuations, Gordon Brothers, The Alta Group and Fortis Business Advisors.
- The Evolving World of Retail. With speakers from Wells Fargo Capital Finance, Bank of America Business Capital, Gordon Brothers and Hilco Global.
- Anatomy of a Deal. With leaders from BMO Harris Bank, FTI Consulting, B. Riley and Houlihan Lokey discussing details of a recent Briggs & Stratton transaction.
- Diversity - A Strategic Imperative. With speakers from Wells Fargo Capital Finance, Accord Financial Inc., Nika White Consulting LLC, North Mill Capital LLC, Otterbourg P.C., and Thinking Ahead Executive Search.
- Market Pulse Report Update with the latest economic and industry data and forward looking analysis by Keybridge Research.
For more information visit the conference website: https://www.sfnet.com/home/76th-annual-convention
About Secured Finance Network
Founded in 1944, the Secured Finance Network (formerly Commercial Finance Association) is an international trade association connecting the interests of companies and professionals who deliver and enable secured financing to businesses. With more than 1,000 member organizations throughout the U.S., Europe, Canada and around the world, SFNet brings together the people, data, knowledge, tools and insights that put capital to work. For more information, please visit SFNet.com.
Note to Editors: While the conference is for secured finance industry professionals and their service providers, journalists may request an advance copy of the Market Pulse Report Update for the latest economic and industry data and forward-looking analysis. Links to some videotaped sessions including the Workouts & Bankruptcies panel will also be available. Contact Michele Ocejo, SFNet director of communications, at email@example.com, if you are interested.
In This Section