- Leading M&A and Private Equity Attorney Jay Coogan Joins Ballard Spahr in Philadelphia
- Moritt Hock & Hamroff Announces Partner & Counsel Promotions For 2020
- Exchange Bank Announces Change in Leadership; Gary Hartwick Announces Retirement with Troy Sanderson to Succeed as President and CEO
- Allen Frederic Joins Infinity Financial Group (IFG)
- Independent Bank Corporation Announces Hiring of New Chief Financial Officer
Gerber Finance Creates Natural Products Division to Fund High Growth Companies in the Space
September 15, 2020
Source: Gerber Finance
Asset-based lending company launches “Naturally Gerber Finance” division with San Francisco headquarters and industry executive lead
Gerber Finance, a leading finance partner for companies experiencing accelerated growth, today officially launched Naturally Gerber Finance, the company’s newly formed division focused on the natural products market. The division works with companies within the natural products space, from clean label, organic and non-GMO products, to sustainable design and packaging.
Helming the division is Andrew Hollingsworth, former Gerber client and CFO at Numi Organic Tea, hired earlier this year. Hollingsworth helped establish the company’s west coast headquarters.
“Having worked with Andrew first as a client, and experiencing first hand his deep breadth of knowledge in both finance and natural products, made him an ideal leader for this new arm of our business,” said Jennifer Palmer, CEO of Gerber Finance. “He brings an understanding of our clients that only someone who has literally walked in their shoes can bring.”
Gerber appeals to the market due to the flexibility that asset-based lending allows, with retention of ownership, the flexibility for seasonal businesses, and its hands-on partner approach for improving processes and procedures. Gerber has worked with more than two dozen clients in the space, including:
• Food and beverage: 18 Rabbits, Nona Lim, Designer Protein, Farmhouse Culture, JSO Associates, M2 Ingredients, Madelaine Chocolate Novelties, Mikey’s, Numi Organic Tea
• Equipment and Appliances: Habco, M Powered
• Health and beauty: Coola, Pure Sun Defense, Zero Odor
• Wine and Spirits: Oriel Wines, Swish Beverages
• Packaging: Stasher Bags
• Service: Choice Logistics
“We started working with Gerber Finance due to a referral from a private equity firm we work with, based on their flexibility and the level of partnership they provide,” said Scott Lerner, CEO of Farmhouse. "We were immediately impressed with their depth of industry knowledge and insights into the opportunities and challenges that face our fast-growing industry. We were even more impressed, after just a short period of time, that they have become a true partner vested in our growth, versus a company just supplying financial resources.”
“Working within the natural products industry as a CFO, I quickly learned that an entrepreneurial company with collateral could monetize to help grow to the next level more easily with asset-based lending,” said Hollingworth. “The flexibility that Gerber provides, understanding that seasonality is a natural part of the market, along with the personal, hands-on consultative approach, won me over. And I am now able to help other companies benefit from the Gerber financial offering.”
About Gerber Finance
Gerber Finance is the leading financing partner for companies experiencing accelerated growth. Its asset-based lending (ABL) structure allows companies to retain equity while driving sustainable profit. The company’s flexibility, care, and tailored structures make them an ideal partner for companies with seasonality in their business. For more information, please visit: https://www.gerberfinance.com/.
In This Section