SFNet's Mid-Year Member Roundtables 2023
May 22, 2023
Palm Harbor, FL
A Members-Only EventOur Mid-Year Member Roundtables offer you the opportunity to come together with colleagues who are experiencing similar challenges within specific disciplines. An extension of our successful virtual Member Forums, these concurrent in-person roundtables will consist of dynamic discussions and shared insights for professionals in the fields of:
- Business Development - facilitated by Lance Rosenthal, Chief Growth Officer, RelPro
- Credit & Operations - facilitated by Ken Yager, President, Newpoint Advisors Corp.
- Legal - facilitated by Leonard Lee Podair, Partner, Thompson Coburn Hahn & Hessen LLP.
This meeting will be held in conjunction with our CEO Roundtable (invitation only), Chapter Presidents meeting, and our Emerging Leaders Summit, giving you even more opportunity to build meaningful connections with colleagues, industry leaders and secured finance's next generation of decision makers.
Who should attend?
We have arranged a special hotel rate at the Innisbrook Resort for registrants of the Mid-Year Member Roundtables. You will find booking details in your registration confirmation. To get the special hotel rate, you must book your room by May 5.
The Copperhead Course, home of the PGA Tour Valspar Championship (optional, additional fee payable at registration)
2:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mid-Year Member Roundtables:
Legal - facilitated by Leonard Lee Podair, Partner, Thompson Coburn Hahn & Hessen LLP. Discussion topics* include:
- The impact of the SVB and Signature Bank situation on loan documentation and what non-documentary issues have been presented?
- How has the tightened credit markets affected commitment letters and loan documentation generally? Has it resulted in more leverage to lenders?
- Proposed Article 12 of the UCC (Digital Assets)
- Impact of Electronic Bills of Lading on documentation
- What’s a workout and how have the rules of the road changed since 2008?
- How to optimize your outreach to give BDMs and RMs more hours in the day. Think efficiency and effectiveness.
- Tools you can leverage in today's digital world. Do you know which companies are visiting your website? Do you know what your prospects/clients are searching for?
- Best practices that move the needle
- BYOB - Bring Your Own Baggage
- Liquidity concerns
- Inflation or recession, what is your borrower's plan
- Social media's impact on lending
- Inventory: too much inventory, the politicization of supply chain risk
- Frequency of field exams, have you done enough?
- MCAs still acting and getting PG and filing UCC but no notification
5:15 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.
Keynote Speaker Keith Levy, President of Milk Bar
From serving as a board member to becoming President, Keith Levy has been involved in the expansion of Milk Bar as it has grown from a brick-and-mortar location to grocery stores and now online shipping sales.
5:45 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Enjoy this opportunity to meet and mingle with fellow participants from the Mid-Year Member Roundtables, Emerging Leaders Summit. CEO Roundtable and Chapter Presidents meeting.
*Agenda subject to change
To add the optional Golf event to your registration, click Golf Outing at Innisbrook Resort under Sessions.
Click the Ad Demographics button to choose which Roundtable you would like to attend.
All cancellation requests must be made in writing. A refund will be granted when the request is received four weeks prior to the conference, minus a 10% processing fee. Email refund requests to Betty at BLam@sfnet.com.
Member Price: $295Register
Contact: Jeff Walsh
Upcoming SFNet Education Courses
- Workouts & Bankruptcy
- Business Development Level One
- Loan Documentation
- On Demand classes: Appraisals, Factoring, Legal, Workout & Bankruptcy